Monday, December 22, 2008

The Christmas Pumpkin

To the tune of "Oh Christmas Tree"

Oh pumpkin plant, oh pumpkin plant, don't you know its winter time.
Oh pumpkin plant oh pumpkin plant, how lovely are your....blossoms????

October was when Connor planted you. Now what the hell am I going to do!?!
Oh pumpkin plant, oh pumpkin plant how lovely are your blossoms.

You sun yourself, in my window sill. Don't you know outside is a cold wind chill?
Oh pumpkin plant, oh pumpkin plant, how lovely are your blossoms.

I fear a transplant may end your life, but this dixie cup is so not right.
Oh pumpkin plant, oh pumpkin plant, how lovely are your blossoms.

My Christmas Cactus, refuses to bloom. I guess my Christmas Pumpkin will have to do!
Oh pumpkin plant, oh pumpkin plant, how lovely are your blossoms.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously just too funny! My Christmas cactus is not yet in bloom... my sister said the key is to put it in the garage (or other cold place) for a week or so and then bring back into the house in a warm and sunny location. She gets amazing blooming every year -- but she garages her plant at Thanksgiving. I did mine too late this year, but did it nonetheless and hope for lots of blooms by Three Kings Day!

    ReplyDelete